Do you like interacting with people and helping animals? Then a career as a veterinary client service representative may be for you!
This awesome role has the best of both worlds. Our CSRs support and build relationships with our clients and help their beloved pets! In this position, you will be supporting our clients in person and over the phone. Looking to go the extra mile for them when able. When situations are tense due to the stress of a pet’s illness, this team shines and is adaptive to the client's feelings. Our CSR team interacts with all types of personalities and is caring and professional with them.
- Outgoing personality
- Being able to smile with your voice
- Good grammar when corresponding with clients via email, etc.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with Excel is a bonus
- Willingness to learn
- Can handle stressful situations with compassion and professionalism
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering the phone and interacting with clients
- Scheduling appointments
- Relaying information to the doctors and support staff
- Calling in prescriptions
- Corresponding with clients through email
- Assisting clients that are picking up medications
- Handling lab samples that are being dropped off
- Documenting phone calls, etc. in a patient’s medical record
At Sugar River Animal Hospital we pride ourselves on working in a cohesive team environment and having a strong positive culture while treating our patients and clients like family. Let’s face it, we often spend more time with our co-workers than we do with our actual families so why work in a toxic work environment?
We’re located in the Lake Sunapee region of NH. Within a short drive, there are several ski mountains to explore and opportunities for outdoor sports and activities with tons of lakes and trails nearby. If outdoor activities are not your thing, don’t worry! We’re only 20 minutes from Dartmouth College which has tons of cultural events. There is also a great playhouse just a short drive away in New London. Our hospital is only 45 minutes from Concord, two hours from Boston, and less than 2 hours from Maine. As an added bonus, Grantham itself has the third-best school district in the state.
Who Should Apply?
Our ideal candidate has a great sense of humor, is down-to-earth, outgoing, and looking to become part of our amazing team. We believe client education and great communication skills are the keys to being successful with clients. It’s okay to not know everything! We’re happy to teach! Even the doctors look up stuff.
- Competitive hourly wage
- 4-day work week with a set weekday off
- Only work on average three Saturdays per year (half day from 9-noon)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- 401k with 3% match and profit sharing
- Generous employee pet discount